Sunday 27 November 2011

Village Hall Xmas Fayre 2011

Yet another brilliantly organised event by the Village Hall Management Committee - thanks to Philip, Joan and all who were involved.



Some really wonderful stalls, lovely tea, coffee and cakes... and friendly faces. It was super to have my family along to support this event as well; my two grandchildren, my son, daughter-in-law and daughter... and of course my wife too.

As they were otherwise engaged in looking round the stalls, I grabbed myself a pot of greengage jam from Sue Morris, I failed miserably in my attempt at winning a bottle of wine and so consoled myself with a mulled wine and mince pie. Following accusations of only thinking of myself, I repaired the damage and paid for my family's refreshments. At least they weren't able to keep grousing at me with mince pie in their mouths!

It was nice to be able to introduce my family to Mrs Sheila Redshaw, who kindly came to sit with us during the event.



The outside Christmas tree lights worked first time and people were taking photos with their own families placed in front of this festive spectacle. Father Christmas did his magic with the kids and each child was given a present, which was a really nice gesture.



I'll share a little secret with you - I even returned later for a sneaky visit to see how the Christmas tree looked once it was properly dark. The Parish Council should be well pleased with the decision to go with this... which is a nice addition to the village for Christmas 2011... and helps to start get us all in the spirit, given the depressing news on TV about the Eurocrisis affecting the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.