Latest news from PNF
During the last month, PNF has been busy meeting local parish councillors and preparing for Vattenfall's public consultations. One thing the we have heard locally is the belief that the newly-elected Conservative government will automatically scrap the wind farm. This is not the case and we do not know what is going to happen. We cannot be complacent and must continue to fight this industrial scale development in the heart of the community.
- 27th May 2015 - PNF is interviewed on the 6.00pm ITV Calendar news tonight.
- The website has undergone some new additions. This includes a page where we are adding facts about wind farms and turbines you might not be aware of (http://www.protectnoctonfen.org.uk/keyfacts.html). We have also begun to add photo montages to the home page, to show what the view from key sites will potentially look like. At the moment, we have view from Nocton, Potterhanworth, Bardney and Tattershall Castle. Views from other sites will be added once ready.
- We now have Facebook page and a Twitter account @PNFProtect. Subscribe to these for more articles and new on wind farms locally and around the country.
- At the time of writing we are about to deliver information leaflets to 10,000 houses. For those people wishing to send this on, the leaflet is available from our website, and includes some montages of the proposed development.
- Recently, we had an article published on the Nocton Blog. For those who may not have read it, here is a link.
- Finally, Germany is often held up as a bastion of wind power. This video from Germany shows what happens when turbines ruin the countryside - it is shocking and this is what can happen on our doorstep. Please note - the proposed Nocton Fen turbines are larger than those shown in the video.