Saturday 12 November 2011

News Update

Nocton Festival 2012

Village Planters

The pansies are here! It would be great if a few people could volunteer their services to help plant these this Sunday!

When: Sunday 13th Nov at 1.00 pm.
Where: Meet outside Nocton Primary School on The Green.

Vintage Fashion Show & Tea Party - 19th November

All tickets for the show are now sold. Ticket holders are asked to arrive in good time to be seated with your party ready for the show to start at 2pm.

Parish Council Vacancy

I have lived in Nocton since May 2005 and now decided it is high time for me to become more involved in the 'day-to-day business' of our village.

I was extremely honoured that long-standing resident and Parish Councillor, David Rumbelow, proposed my nomination to fill the vacancy, with the Vice-Chair Ian Goldsworthy seconding this. My nomination was declared valid by Ian Fytche (Returning Officer) on 3rd November 2011 and the last day for receipt of nominations was yesterday (11th November) at 1200 noon.

Following a call to North Kesteven District Council Electoral Services yesterday afternoon, I was slightly surprised to learn that my nomination was the only one received for the vacant position. Shortly thereafter, I received an email in confirmation, with an acknowledgement that I can take up the vacant seat after 1200 noon on Wednesday 16th November.

I did think that more people might have been inclined to stand for election, particularly as there seems to be a new energy in the village following the last couple of years 'upheaval' with the Mega-Dairy Campaign. That said, I shall look forward to my new role representing the residents of Nocton as a Parish Councillor.

Finally, with the Government's new Localism Bill likely to impact in the not too distant future, I think it will be an exciting and possibly demanding time for local Parish Councillors. Hopefully, I will be able to help implement the changes required, supporting the more experienced Councillors as much as possible.
__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: All comments are moderated and will not be posted until screening has taken place. This is to ensure no foul language is posted online. Please leave your name if you are making a comment, even if it is just a first name - thank you.