The current two-tier system comprises one county council and seven district councils:
- Lincolnshire County Council
- Boston Borough Council
- City of Lincoln Council,
- East Lindsey District Council
- North Kesteven District Council
- South Holland District Council
- South Kesteven District Council
- West Lindsey District Council
Mixed views from Lincolnshire MPs over unitary authority referendum
'Any change in how Lincolnshire is governed, at a local level, must proceed only with the consent of all local authorities.'
City of Lincoln council hits back at plans for a unitary authority
A plan to abolish all eight councils in Lincolnshire, and replace them with a unitary system, has been met with criticism.
Unitary authorities: Time to make local government fit for the 21st century
'The time for change is now.'